Msia Green Technology Financing Scheme

I was browsing Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister Dato' Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui's blog and I came across this - cheap green loans that will benefit NEW energy-efficient palm oil mills, bio-fertiliser, biodiesel, biomass and biogas plants which have not been funded and partly funded.

Budget 2010 established the RM1.5 billion Green Technology Financing Scheme to encourage supply and usage of green technologies. This scheme benefits companies who are producers (max of RM50 million for 15 years) and users (max of RM10 million for 10 years) of green technologies.

The Government will bear 2% of the total interest/profit rate and guarantee 60% of the green loan via Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Bhd (CGC), with the remaining 40% financing risk to be borne by participating banks.

The Green Technology Financing Scheme application forms are available at Pusat Tenaga Malaysia (or Malaysia Energy Centre) at Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor. The GTFS HOTLINE is 1-800-88-4837. Please click here.

Leave a Reply